The Bond Yield shows the interest actually received or anticipated by investors. Current Bond Yield shows the rate actually gained at the current price. Calculating the current bond yield requires the price for the bond, which may not be easy to find depending on the bond.
Current bond yields received change based on whether the price is purchased at a premium or discount to the actual coupon rate. Since price changes daily, the potential current yield for a bond being purchased changes daily. Since you can buy into a bond after issue at a price different than par value, it’s possible to receive a different actual yield than the coupon rate. The Purchase Yield shows the rate at your bond purchase price.
Your yield will always be the price you purchased the bond at, assuming it is not called between interest payments, defaulted, or converted for shares. This excludes variable or adjustable bonds. Variable or adjustable bonds can change their interest payment during the year, so their yield can change after purchase.
The Yield to Maturity states the annual rate the bondholder receives if they hold the bond until it matures. This includes the capital gain at the redemption of the bond. This measure factors in several differing statistics.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.