Municipal Bond ReturnsBond Instruments
A Municipal Bond is a fixed interest rate bonds. The price of these bonds rises and falls in relation to the interest rate available in the market. If the rate rises and exceeds your bond, the value will drop. If the rate falls, and your bond’s rate is higher, the will become more valuable. This only matters if you want to sell your bond in the secondary market. If you are holding until maturity, this is meaningless.
Some municipal bonds are callable. If the municipal bond is callable, the bond is exposed to interest rate related call risk. When the interest rate falls, bonds substantially above new interest rates acquirable stand a higher chance to be called. If possible, invest in non-callable municipal bonds.
Fortunately, municipal bonds are disconnected from most share markets, and are not easily affected by market downturns. When shares crash, cities are not likely to follow unless the taxable revenue of their city dwellers crashes, or the revenues generated by projects financed by their bonds collapse. This does not mean municipal bond issuers are immune from economic recessions. You should not consider them invulnerable to failures or bankruptcies.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics, Second Edition: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know
A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale
Alternative Investments: CAIA Level I (Wiley Finance)
Alternative Investments: Instruments, Performance, Benchmarks, and Strategies