Many hedge funds regularly mix and match trading strategies, these are called Multi-Strategy funds. Hedge fund managers separate their staff into groups which handle each respective strategy, and distribute resources to each team based on expected market performance. Each group actively invests on behalf of the fund. Splitting the fund into smaller teams allows the funds to be well diversified. This also allows risk-adjusted performance to be easily identified by the strategy generating returns.
The manager’s alpha is generated from their ability to accurately anticipate future performance from each market strategy, and allocate funds accordingly. As sectors of the fund perform well, the amount of capital devoted to their strategy may be increased. If they incur losses or performance slows, the capital allocated is reduced and devoted elsewhere in the fund.
These funds shouldn’t be confused with other funds which engage in varying investment tactics, such as global or regional macro funds using many strategies. Multi-strategy funds may not operate on an investment mandate as broad as global funds or share their macroeconomic focused investment method.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.