Asset Selection LossMutual Funds
The benefit of professional management has a downside which cannot be negated by researching their skill level. Asset Selection Loss is the lack of control over investments owned by funds. You have elected to place your finances in the hand of an investment team. This team is obligated to act in your best interests but it is not required to engage your suggestion, opinions, or requests.
Asset selection loss means that if you think an investment in the fund should be sold, they won’t listen. If you think an investment should be purchased by the fund, they won’t listen. If you think there’s some crucial potential opportunity, they may listen to you. But they will only invest on their preferences. Asset Selection Loss also means you can also expect them not to acknowledge your morals, economic leanings, religious beliefs, political opinions, or any other social ideologies. Unless you are engaged in a social fund which already aligns with your feelings, they don’t care. If they want to invest in high pollution industries, weapons development, banking, “exploitative” industries, fur trade, sexual products, pornography, or any other activity you find immoral, they will make that choice. The only thing you can do is withdraw from the fund.
Mutual funds occasionally publish listings of their investments. This occurs at least once a year. During this time period you can pour through the fund’s offerings and determine whether you are uncomfortable, for whatever reason, with fund holdings.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics, Second Edition: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know
A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale
Alternative Investments: CAIA Level I (Wiley Finance)
Alternative Investments: Instruments, Performance, Benchmarks, and Strategies