Money Market FundsMutual Funds
Money market funds are “cash instrument” based mutual funds. They buy into extremely short term commercial paper markets, which are used to fund overnight loans that mature extremely quickly. They also buy into certificates of deposit, ultra-short term debt instruments, and repurchase agreements. The securities in the fund last from a few days to a few months.
Due to their quick maturities and rapid repayments, Money Market Funds usually carry very low risks. Since most of these investments function as cash equivalents they are similar to cash accounts. Money market funds themselves are often used as cash equivalents, frequently allowing investors to use checking or withdrawals against their money market fund. This withdrawal or checking is typically controlled, requiring a minimum value to withdraw funding. These funds usually have a moderately sized or constantly refilling redemption pool, since almost all investments are constantly close to cash.
Many investors make deposits into these funds. You should be warned that money market funds are not principal safe. Even though they are considered as safe as savings accounts be aware that principal loss may occur. They are not insured by the federal deposit insurance corporation.
Finally, the management teams that control and operate these funds may attempt to keep the net asset value fixed. They avoid capital gains and losses, alongside all of their side effects, including capital gains taxes. You may incur taxation based on distributions or dividends to shareholders of the fund. If executed correctly, they reduce taxation.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.