Mutual Fund FamilyMutual Funds
A mutual fund family is created when giant companies make groups of mutual funds. The large investment companies are the mutual fund family parents, and their various creations are the mutual fund family “children”. They create massive groups of funds called fund complexes, fill them, and leverage their massive resources to market the complex instead of individual funds.
If they spot a market hole that can be filled with a mutual fund, they’ll actively seek out a management team to handle the operations. This team is usually highly experienced in the fund’s category, but sometimes they are not. If this is true it works to your detriment. Fortunately, the management team’s experience and history should be easily determined from fund documentation.
If you are dealing with a mutual fund family, you will normally be given a large list of funds to pick from. You will always purchase into a singular fund. Fund families do not come in a package deal. You must purchase into any other investments. You still benefit from purchasing into a fund family indirectly. Unlike singular funds, a fund family is extremely observant of the child fund’s performance. If the fund is poorly run and underperforms, the parental company may boot the management team, and bring in someone else.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics, Second Edition: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know
A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale
Alternative Investments: CAIA Level I (Wiley Finance)
Alternative Investments: Instruments, Performance, Benchmarks, and Strategies