Mutual Fund’s Minimum BalanceMutual Funds
A mutual fund requires a specific amount of money to enter the fund, known as the Mutual Fund’s Minimum Balance. This minimum balance is determined by the fund’s management and indirectly controls the amount of investors that can make an investment. Minimum balances range from an easy $50 up to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the fund. This may not be seen as a negative but any entry limitation to an otherwise desirable investment counts as a downside.
As an example, you identify an economic opportunity in an industry sector. You investigate funds which specialize in that sector, and review their holdings via recent documentation. You narrow the choices down to 2 funds, noticing they is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the market.
You want to move $1,000 into these funds. However, on investigation you realize that both funds require a higher minimum balance than your available funds. One requires $1,500 minimum and another requires $2,000. To invest in either fund, you must raise additional capital, or sell previous investments that you would rather keep in your portfolio. If you are unwilling to sell out of previous positions, you are locked out of the desired fund while the economic opportunity passes. You may have to settle for another fund which is poorly positioned to take advantage of the opportunity, resulting in poor comparative gains.
You could alternatively use an automated investment program, and invest sums in smaller amounts. This depends on the fund offering these programs, and waiving the minimum balance for enrolled investors. That may not be the case for desirable funds.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.