Diamond PatternTechnical Analysis
A diamond pattern is essentially two symmetrical triangles, one expanding triangle followed by one contracting triangle. There may be head and shoulders triangles patterns inside of the triangles, or be similar to head and shoulders. Diamonds are usually reversal formations, but they can also be continuation patterns.
Diamond patterns complete with a breakout to the top side or bottom side of the contracting triangle. The break occurs approaching the apex. The stop will go on the opposite side of the triangle, above the most recent swing high or below the most recent swing low.
If volume falls off significantly during the second part of pattern, the chance of a diamond pattern rises. This is especially true if the decrease in overall volume occurs in both the up and down directions. After the breakout, volume should rise significantly to confirm.
Projecting distance from the breakout requires measuring the widest part of the diamond. Project that distance up or down from the breakout. Set a take profit order or exit on a swing low if breakout to the bottom or a swing high if breakout to the top. Exit at the target on a swing high, a swing low, reversal pattern, or set take profit order.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics, Second Edition: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know
A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale
Alternative Investments: CAIA Level I (Wiley Finance)
Alternative Investments: Instruments, Performance, Benchmarks, and Strategies