Double Bar ReversalTechnical Analysis
Double Bar Reversal patterns contain 2 bars. The first bar in a Double Bar Reversal pattern opens near the close of the bar before it. This bar will confirm the previous trend, closing toward the top if in an uptrend or towards the bottom if in a downtrend. The second bar opens close to the first bar’s close, but this bar will be the reversal which turns against the trend. This bar often cancels most or all of the first bar’s progress in the trend.
The second bar’s significance is derived from what it represents: a change in psychology regarding the asset and its ability to continue the prior trend. The second bar might represent a barrier to price moving forward. It can be a support level in a downtrend or a resistance level in an uptrend. Your first step should be reviewing previous levels of support or resistance to see if this is a common area for historical price reversals.
Your second step should be reviewing other parts of price action. Spiking volume during the second bar, helps indicate the seriousness of the trend reversal and helps establish it as a future support or resistance point. High volume across both bars indicates an increase in the volatility levels which have created the movement.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.