Double Tops & Triple TopsTechnical Analysis
Double Tops are also called “M’s” in common parlance. They are reverse patterns that occur at the end of uptrends, and create short opportunities or short signals. Double Tops feature two consecutive peaks (two swing highs) that are at approximately equal heights. They do not have to be exactly equal. After the second peak, price should fall below the trough in between them, completing the pattern.
The high risk entry trigger for a short sale is after the swing high of the second peak. Low risk entry to the short side is after price falls below the middle trough. The stop goes above the second peak.
Volume on the second peak should be lower than the volume on the first peak. Volume should expand during the falls from the peaks, and expand strongly after breaking the middle trough.
A triple top has a third top or swing high, but is otherwise the same. Enter on the third peak in a triple top for high risk, or after price falls below the middle troughs. Exact peaks are not required, and the lowest trough should be considered as the most important support level. The highest peak is the stop.
For targets, measure the distance from the peaks to the middle trough. Project that distance down from the middle trough when price falls below the neckline. Watch for swing lows near that level to take profit, price may stop beyond or fall short of that distance.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics, Second Edition: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know
A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale
Alternative Investments: CAIA Level I (Wiley Finance)
Alternative Investments: Instruments, Performance, Benchmarks, and Strategies