Relative Strength IndexTechnical Analysis
The Relative Strength Index is a banded oscillator which ranges from zero to 100. It attempts to display overbought and oversold zones of price action. A level over 70 is typically overbought. A level under 30 is typically oversold. When the RSI price line moves into these zones, the indicator shows an actually overbought or oversold reading.
Signals are interpreted with a mix of positioning, divergences, extremes, and existing trend. Divergences are regarded as the strongest and most important signal, and should be watched closely. Divergences in extremes, above 70, or below 30, are especially important.
Buy signals are given if the Relative Strength Index is in the oversold zone (below 30) with a bullish divergence. A bullish divergence is confirmed by price rising above and closing higher than the first trough which created the divergence. Wait for a full trough to form higher for more certainty. A cross above 30 gives confirmation of a buy signal.
Sell signals are given if the Relative Strength Index is in the overbought zone (above 70) with a bearish divergence. A bearish divergence is confirmed by price falling below and closing lower than the first peak which created the divergence. For added safety, a trader can wait for a full peak to form below the first peak in the divergence. A fall below 70 gives confirmation of a sell signal.
Filtering with the existing trend helps ensure accuracy, but also limits signals. You’d only buy in the uptrend, and you’d only sell in the downtrend. To actually trigger the trade, wait for the the Relative Strength Index price line to exit the oversold or overbought zone.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.