Time AxisTechnical Analysis
There are two axes for technical charts. The price axis measures the price’s distance from zero market value. The time axis measures the passage of time measured in periods, transactions or issues traded depending on your chart configuration.
The left to right axis (or the “x” axis) shows the passage of time. The settings for this axis controls the rate price bars will be printed. Past time action is shown towards the left and recent price movements prints on the right.
Hour and days where trading does not occur may not be shown on the time axis. After hours trading may be shaded a different color than regular trading times.
There are multiple configurations for determining how bars are printed, depending on your charting software’s options. The most commonly used option for printing bar on the time axis is time periods, followed by tick bars, volume bars, and range bars. Each has its own benefits and problems.
In each case, you’ll still be able to see the time period the bar was printed. In most trading software platforms hovering over the time axis with your mouse displays the price bar’s printing timestamp in a date, hour, and minute format. This usually occurs within the chart’s top header.
Did we help you? Vote with a Crypto-Donation!
Donate Bitcoin Cash
International Economic Analysis:
- Major Currency Economic Summaries
- Performance of Major Imports and Exports
- Mandates of Central Banks versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of Major Economies
- Economically Correlated Currency Projections
- Large Funds Currency Sentiment Readings
- List of Technical Indicators to Look For
- Occasional: Foregin Exchange Technicals Markups
American Markets Analysis:
- Summaries of American Economic Structure
- Performance of Major
- Federal Reserve Mandate versus Expectations
- Performance Indexes of U.S Economy
- Economically Correlated U.S Dollar Projections
- Large Trading Fund Index Sentiment Readings
- Market Wide Earnings Versus Valuations
- Fundamental Ranking of U.S Business Sectors
- Best and Worst Future Consensus Estimates
- Occasional: Firm Fundamental Strength Report
- List of Technicals to Look for While Trading
Investment and Finance, Serviced by Amazon
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.